Thesis Topic: Digital Transformation
Mentor: Francesco Lelli
External supervisor: Javed Khan
- Improving the visibility of data in a global manufacturer’s head office. Current businesses have a plethora of data and analytics, critical for strategic, tactical and operational decision-making. Interactive displays in an office can support that decision making process. For this assignment you will investigate user needs of senior management in Sappi’s head office. Based on that investigation you will design and implement dashboards to be displayed in a high-tech interactive display in Sappi’s head office in Brussels, Belgium.
- Improving everyday work-related chores. In this assignment you will investigate how office workers deal with IT systems for completing chores such as filling expenses. Based on that investigation you will propose a system to make such processes more efficient.
The Horizon Europe funding creates opportunities for Sappi to both fund and solve, through collaborations with other complementing organizations. However, in our experience in trying to partner with other organizations to pursue funding on digital initiatives, we have found a luck of detailed use-cases, which would the basis of filtering the proposed calls for funding.
- Conduct user research such as interviews and contextual inquiry.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Design of dashboards for semi-public, interactive displays.
- Implementation of dashboards for semi-public, interactive displays.
- Investigation of modern IT systems.
- Dashboards are user-friendly and informative,
- User findings are thorough, actionable and convincing,
- Suggestions for improvements are actionable and convincing,
- student’s attitude: quick response time, proactiveness and independence.
Company and Team
The internship will take place within the Digital Transformation (DT) team of Sappi Europe, in Brussels, Belgium.
Sappi is a global company focused on providing dissolving pulp, paper pulp, paper-based and biorefinery solutions to its customers in over 150 countries. Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, Sappi Europe is the leading European producer and supplier of coated fine paper, packaging and specialty papers.
More about the company at: https://www.sappi.com/
Dr.ir. Javed Khan is Head of UX in Sappi. Furthermore, he serves as an associate editor at the Behavior and Information Technology journal. Javed holds a PhD. and a P.D.Eng. degree from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and a MSc. in Computer Engineering from the University of Patras. In the past he held the position (tenured) of assistant professor at TU/e’s department of Industrial Design and before that of senior lecturer at Breda University of Applied Sciences. Finally, he gained industrial R&D experience, in design and HCI research positions, at Philips Research, Vodafone and Greece’s Computer Technology Institute.
More about the coach at: http://khan.gr/Master #thesis in #DigitalTransformation in SAPPI: a global manufacturer of sustainable materials at TiU. Click To Tweet
For a complete list of available thesis please visit the following link: