Thanks for considering a guest post in my blog!
Why You Should have a Guest Post or an Invited Post in francescolelli.info ?
Thank you for your interest in contributing to this venture and writing for us! We are humbled and honored and we gladly welcome the participation of passionate, innovative and original writers. The fact that you are considering sharing your expertise and practical knowledge is a powerful motivator to us for continuing this adventure. Before talking about the guidelines of a successful guest post, let’s start by what you will gain by that:
- You will have an article on a growing venture specialized in Computer Science, Information Management, Economics and Finance and you will experience a regular increase of traffic in your blog.
- Your article will be promoted in our social media accounts and will experience a full exposure to our social networks. This includes Facebook, Twitter and many more
- If your article is well written and follows our guidelines we will also send it to our personal email list of students, professors and educational enthusiast.
- You will enjoy a permanent set of back links that will improve the ranking of your blog.
- You will be part of our community of fellow guest bloggers, we will follow in your social networks and support in your future ventures.
- You will contribute to science and give your small support for improving society!
Our blogging code of ethics:
- We will tell the truth.
- We will never delete a post.
- We will only delete comments that are spam or off-topic.
- We will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly.
- We will speak with our own voices, not glossy corporate speech.
- We will correct any errors or omissions promptly, noting when we do.
- We will reply to emails and comments when appropriate and will do so promptly.
- We will link to references and source materials directly.
- If we disagree with other opinions, we will do so respectfully.
Types of Content We Publish
Here’s a list of what we publish from guest contributors:
- “How-to” articles for our website and newsletter.
- Summaries of research findings based on polls, surveys, and research studies conducted by marketers, academia, PR firms, and other researchers
- Occasional thought-leadership articles (op/ed-type pieces), but we accept only those that offer particularly valuable insights and views that can’t easily be found elsewhere
- Best Practices your personal experience and anything that can help our readers. In particular if supported by certain evidences and/or data.
- Relevant and Informative stories that could serve as a learning experience for our readers.
- Curated list of resources for a particular topic that can simplify the search of a fellow researcher.
What should I write about?
Our blog targets both novice and advanced users so, as long as you will write something interesting there will be room for your work. When it comes to posts, we try not to limit our contributors to certain topics, as we would much rather that everyone wrote about their passions. However, we are dedicated in advancing and sharing knowledge about Computer Science, Information Management, Economics and Finance. Consequently we need to keep our content within that context as we would like that your post will engage with our readers.
Practical aspects of your guest post
1. How long should my post be?
800+ words minimum. We are not very strict on this but we recommend to writers to consider an extensive and informative article. These are the articles that foster a good response from our audience and we want to you to take advantage of that. If you have a particular vested interest and you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies, disclose as much to us and the audience. Infographicssubmissions should include introductory text of about 300-500 words to help set up the graphic.
2. Should I include links within my post?
Sure. Links that are relevant for the reader are very welcome in particular if you link to any resources, tools, etc. that you mention specifically. Please note that obvious self-promotion or affiliate links are not accepted.
3. What about photos?
Strongly encouraged. Make sure you own the copyright to any images you submit with your posts or that you include image credits. The images need to be minimum 840 pixels wide.
4. What about my bio?
Strongly encouraged. Your biography should not be more then 10-20% of the article and may contain a link to your blog (if has sufficient DA) and/or social network(s).
5. Can I have a call to action?
Why not. In the case you would like to add a call to action, consider a gentle approach and inserting it at the end (or close to) of the article. It could include a link for more information as well as long is not too self-promotional.
6. How can I submit my post?
Send an email using the information that you will find in our contact
You are welcome also to get in touch with us before writing your post and pitch your idea.
7. Will the post be edited?
Not necessarily. However, we reserve the right to edit the final content. In particular we may make small edits such as grammar corrections, if needed, or suggest you make changes that we find opportune and needed for the post to get published. In any case, you will get full credit for the article.
8. What format should my post be submitted to francescolelli.info for evaluation?
You can submit it in Word (preferred), Rich Text Format, Google Docs, or within the body of the email. Whichever of these options you prefer.
9. Anything else?
Our first priority is to publish content that is relevant to our community. Consequently not all submissions are going to be published. Please make sure that you give your best in creating quality content before sending it to us. If your article is accepted for publication, we will inform you; normally within a week or two of our having received your email. If we don’t accept your article, probably you may or may not hear from us or you will let you know with some delay depending on how crowded our inbox is. If you haven’t followed the above guidelines, you likely won’t hear back.
My Article Was Selected for Publication. What can I expect now?
Congratulations! We expect full support from you in promoting your article at your best. This will result in maximum exposure of your content to our audience. In particular we would encourage you in considering the following actions. For each one of them you can count on our full (and active) support via our social network channels:
- Respond Actively to Comments. Do not miss the opportunity to actively engage with our readers. They may ask you additional clarifications and will be an opportunity for your for building a personal connection with them.
- Promote your guest post and help us in helping you. Possible actions that you can consider includes: (i) Share it with your email list subscribers. Don’t worry about sending visitors to an external website. It’s your own post, and will only strengthen your reputation with your readers. (ii) Schedule a set of social media posts and let’s us know how we can support you. (iii) share your post in Facebook groups. (iv) Connect with Twitter power users in your niche and let them know about your guest post asking for feedback. It builds your reputation and might get you a few Retweets.
- Consider a follow up post in your blog. Guest posts build your reputation as a writer and you should consider leveraging this opportunity by building a post that refers to and extends upon what you wrote. If you do so, please inform us and we will promote it using our social channels.
Looking forward to connecting with you and receiving your guest post! Happy blogging!
Do you have a friend that would be interesting in a guest post or an invited post? Let him/her know!Write for us ( francescolelli.info ) : #guestpost and Invited Post Click To Tweet
Previously published Guest Posts: