This is the old version of Business Process Integration (BPI), in the recent years the number of weeks for each class has been reduced as part of a general guideline for the all university. Consequently I had to readjust the classes, you can find the current BPI here.
- Instruction Language: English
- Type of Instruction: 2 hours lecture and 2 hours computer practicum
- Type of Exams: Written exam + Assignments
- Level: Master
- Course load: 6 ECTS credits
The objective of this course is to focus on how enterprises transform their structure and processes in order to collaborate with each other by integrating their business processes. The course will be a blend of theory and practical lab sessions.
This course focuses on integrating business processes that flow within and between enterprises. The course addresses how enterprises collaborate, what coordination mechanisms, and technology are necessary to achieve collaboration and how these factors are reflected on the business processes of an enterprise. The course contains an in-depth and integrated coverage of both business and technical issues including definitions, principles and strategy. In particular, it covers the following topics:
- Business Models;
- Business Relationships and Processes;
- Business Technology Infrastructure;
- Supply Chains;
- Business Modelling;
- Enterprise Application Integration;
- E-Business Integration.